Tuesday, February 1, 2011

NAT Moderate Rant

I have been playing Xbox LIVE since it came out, paying the monthly charge for YEARS. 

My router recently broke, I got a good 7 years of use out of that baby.  However I bought a new router suggested to me by the Best Buy employee because there will be 3 or more games being played on it at a time.  I got it all hooked up and ready to go.  I had an Open NAT with my old router.  It started off that I had a Closed NAT, which I ended up fixing to be a Moderate, AND THAT'S JUST NOT TOLERABLE! I went to the instructions the network suggestions gave me-- and yet it was not enough.  Frankly I am HIGHLY disappointed with the level of help I received by the automated service.  I guess it time to go mess with my router settings.  Frak this, man.  *sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kiddo, you went to Best Buy and got a router without consulting your cool I.T. tech savvy uncle? :-( haha Moreover, you went to Best Buy without ME??? Dudette!!!

    Let me know if you need help getting things flyin on your gaming system(s). Happy to help if I can! Love the new blog!! Love ya!

    Uncle J

    ReplyDelete